1 cup cooked brown lentils, lightly mashed
1 cup cooked & mashed potato
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 medium onion, peeled & grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Oat bran or wheatgerm for coating
- Combine all ingredients & mix well.
- With wet hands, firmly mould mixture into patty shapes.
- Coat each patty in oat bran or wheat germ; press in coating so it sticks to the patty.
- Spray a baking tray with oil spray, or lightly spread with olive oil, or use baking paper. Place the patties on the tray & bake at 220deg C for 20 minutes; using a spatula, turn the patties carefully over once during cooking.
- Serve in toasted multigrain buns with fillings of choice, eg beetroot slices, lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, grilled onion rings.
Try the burgers in pita pockets with yoghurt dipping sauce, or hummus and tabouli
Make mini burgers for appetisers