3 cups mixed berries (eg. raspberries, strawberries, loganberries, blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries)
Vanilla sugar (if desired)
8 slices bread, crusts removed or pannetone
- Remove stalks from the fruit. Wash fruit and put it in a non-stick pan, with a sprinkle of sugar if desired.
- Cover and cook gently for 5-10 minutes or until fruit is tender. Drain off the juice, reserving 6 tablespoons.
- Line a 1 litre pudding basin (or individual serve basins) with some of the bread slices, cutting them to fit the basin exactly.
- Spoon in the fruit, packing it in well. Pour in the reserved juice. Place the remaining bread on top of the fruit.
- Cover with a plate, small enough to rest on the pudding itself, and place a heavy can or other weight on the plate.
- Leave the pudding overnight in the refrigerator. Turn out.
- Serve with Jalna Low Fat Vanilla Creamy Yoghurt or Greek Sweet & Creamy Yoghurt