A delicious dessert made from luscious summer berries
3 cups mixed berries (eg. raspberries, strawberries, loganberries, blueberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries)
1/2 cup castor sugar (use less if the berries are sweet)
8 slices bread, crusts removed or pannetone
- Remove stalks from the fruit. Wash fruit and put it with the sugar in a pan.
- Cover and cook gently for 5-10 minutes or until fruit is tender. Drain off the juice, reserving 6 tablespoons.
- Line a 1 litre pudding basin with some of the bread slices, cutting them to fit the basin exactly.
- Spoon in the fruit, packing it in well. Pour in the reserved juice. Place the remaining bread on top of the fruit.
- Cover with a plate, small enough to rest on the pudding itself, and place a heavy can or other weight on the plate.
- Leave the pudding overnight in the refrigerator.
- Turn out.
- Serve with Jalna Low Fat Vanilla Creamy Yoghourt
Nutritional Information (per serve):
Energy: 760 kJ (180 cal)