Chicken & Vegetable Curry
Another tasty recipe from my Food For Sport Cookbook.
2 chicken breasts, skinned
1 small onion, roughly chopped
2 tsp mild curry powder
½ tsp fresh ginger, minced or ½ tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp water
250 ml (½ pt) chicken stock
½ medium carrot, thinly sliced
½ green capsicum (bell pepper), de-seeded and roughly chopped
100 g (3 oz) French beans, sliced
1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp cashews or slivered almonds
- Pre-heat griller on ‘Medium’. Cut chicken breast into cubes. Grill the chicken until tender, but cooked through – about 7 minutes. Set chicken aside, loosely covered, and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the onion, curry powder, ginger and 2 tbsp of water. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock and vegetables.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat.
- Mix the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water to a smooth paste. Add to the saucepan and stir in. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and nuts, mix well and heat through. Serve immediately on a bed of boiled brown rice or wholemeal macaroni.